Romance on Wheels

Writing is a dream come true for me.  Reading was something that helped me escape unpleasant things in life.  Being able to blog about books that transport me to different times and places, well that's another dream come true.

PJFiala
534
103

Bittersweet Deceit

Bittersweet Deceit - Blakely Bennett Wow! Great Book!

Lainie is close to thirty, owns her own clothing boutique and is in love with a married man, who has told her he will not leave his wife, he will not shuffle his children back and forth.

Mason is the super sexy, married man Lainie can't say no to.

Spending her life waiting for Mason to call and dropping everything, including plans with friends and family to be with him has become her life. Is it enough? There isn't a future with a married man. No children, no dinners out, nothing.

Stayman is a friend and part of a close-knit group of friends Lainie considers her second family. Lainie hasn't noticed Stayman, but he has noticed her.

As Lainie and Stayman's friendship grows, and Lainie hits rock bottom, she has a decision to make; stay with a married man with no future or explore a relationship with Stayman and have a chance at a truly happy life.

Lainie's gut wrenching decisions made me mad, sad and happy.

Blakely's writing made me feel like I was living this story. Her descriptions are vivid and real, her timing is believable. This story is different from the norm. Who would you fall in love with, Mason or Stayman?