Romance on Wheels

Writing is a dream come true for me.  Reading was something that helped me escape unpleasant things in life.  Being able to blog about books that transport me to different times and places, well that's another dream come true.

PJFiala
534
103

Mateguas Island

Mateguas Island, A Novel of Terror and Suspense - Linda  Watkins Couldn't Put It Down!

I saw that MATEGUAS ISLAND was free today and, because it had so many good reviews, I downloaded it this morning. Sat down to check it out and OMG I couldn't put it down! Watkins takes time developing her characters and, soon, I came to care about them, warts and all. Then strange things start happening and it becomes a real page turner. There is terror here and not all of it is supernatural - the disintegration of a once happy marriage and the effect it has on the children is also painfully portrayed.

So, if you enjoy well written horror that does not need to depend on blood, guts and gore to make its point, then you will love this book. I know I did and can't wait for the next installment!