Romance on Wheels

Writing is a dream come true for me.  Reading was something that helped me escape unpleasant things in life.  Being able to blog about books that transport me to different times and places, well that's another dream come true.

PJFiala
534
103

Knockout

Knockout - J.C. Valentine I received this book as a gift for an honest review.

This is a great story. No, wait, a fantastic story. Jamison Weston (Jami) and Allison Blake (Ally) were childhood friends. Both came from abusive, dysfunctional families and formed a bond while helping each other through their traumatic childhoods. Jami was arrested and then left town and Ally thought she would never see him again.
Years later a chance meeting has them remembering their past together and pondering what it all means. They both are aware that no one would ever be able to understand what their childhoods had been like except the other. The bond that had been formed was still there, despite years of absence.

Much like in life, events have been put into place, life has gone on, and people are affected by their relationship. Jami doesn’t have time for a relationship with his career in full swing. Ally, has always wanted Jami in her life and has to struggle with doubts and the people wanting to pull Jami away from her.

This is a fantastic story of two people who grew up in the most unfavorable conditions, but have struggled to make it out and not make the mistakes of their parents their own. The attraction is strong, steamy and sweet. At times I thought the story dragged and their union could have come sooner. But, overall, I really liked the story.

I hate waiting for the next book. I’m kind of “over” cliff hangers and books that require me to wait to find out what happens. Life is too short. But, I do recommend this book and think you will love reading about Jami and Ally.