Romance on Wheels

Writing is a dream come true for me.  Reading was something that helped me escape unpleasant things in life.  Being able to blog about books that transport me to different times and places, well that's another dream come true.

PJFiala
534
103

Wingless: Misery's Company

Wingless: Misery's Company - Holly Hood To begin, there were a lot of grammatical errors in this book. I do recommend a strong editing to help it along. I thought Eve was a spoiled brat. She had a wealthy family and the opportunity to go to school, which she complained about. She lost a brother, in a horrible way, but so many people lose people they love and they don't complain and feel sorry for themselves like Eve does. Evan seems like a great guy with a tough job. He is just looking for someone to understand what he has to do each day and accept it. Eve seems to accept, but then they fight so much that I wonder why he keeps wanting to spend time with her. She doesn't even seem likeable.

The story is a great story. I never saw the "reaper" coming and they way it is tied into the mob is very refreshing. It could be changed around a bit to make Eve more likeable and less whiny. I hated the ending. I am a happy ending type of person, and when a book leaves me feeling sad or angry, I have a hard time "liking" it.